Roq.ad is a SaaS technology company based in Berlin that provides cross-device technology to improve digital advertising and user analytics. Our cross-device technology is built in-house and complies with EU and German privacy regulations. The core of our technology is our Roq.ad Cross-Device Identity Graph, which predicts device connections belonging to the same user based on a probabilistic approach. Many international brands such as Mc Donald’s, Carrefour, and Leroy Merlin are already satisfied customers.
We are looking for a Software Engineer (m/f) to join our team in Poznan. Our ideal candidate will be creative, enthusiastic and good at “getting things done.” She/he will work with us in the heart of Poznan and play an active role in our future.
- Design and implement highly scalable systems for low latency, high throughput request processing.
- Create production quality code to process hundreds of thousands of queries per second in a distributed environment.
- Write good quality and high performant code.
- Continuously improve yours and your colleagues code.
- Create unit tests for your code.
- Signing off on code reviews.
- Work in accordance with Git-flow approach.
- Automate boring parts of the software development.
- Document and collaborate in WIKI, JIRA & Bitbucket.
What we expect from you:
- Great coding abilities
- Good understanding of computer architecture, algorithms complexity, data structures and their properties
- Ability to code in Java, Scala or Python
- Understanding of Linux operating system on a user level
- Understanding of object oriented design principles
- Problem solving attitude and love for writing good software
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Good understanding of relational database model and SQL
- Knowledge of REST architectural style and HTTP protocol
- English (read and write documentation)
Optional, but works in your favor:
- Experience in non-blocking asynchronous architectures
- Experience in functional programming
- Understanding of Linux operating system on an advanced level
- Experience with AWS infrastructure
- Deep understanding of JVM (memory management and garbage collection, Java memory model, concurrency, etc.)
- Understanding of no-sql approaches to data modelling
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and/or RTB ecosystem
- Fluency in English
What we offer:
- Work with an extremely motivated and skilled team of top performers
- A competitive salary
- Hardware and software of your choice (laptop with Linux, OSX or Windows, external monitor, IntelliJ IDEA, etc.)
- Great office located in the city center of Poznan
- Conference budget
- Company team building retreats in attractive locations
- Wednesday team lunches and Friday drinks
- Free snacks, coffee & drinks
Send your application with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org.